domenica 19 febbraio 2012

Butternut Squash Soup yummy yummy in my tummy :-)

Here we are...I made my first bird with fabric but it came out awful!! So disappointed, but I don't give up easily and I will give another go tomorrow.
Today I had a great dinner with my fav soup of all times...Butternut squash with Irish bread so yummy!
Here is the recipe:
2 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Medium onion
1 Medium butternut squash
1 Medium potato
4/6 Cups of vegetable broth
Sea salt, ground pepper to taste.


Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot. Add onion and potato. Cook until the potato begun to soften and the onion turns translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the butternut squash. Stir to combine with  the vegetables, stir in the vegetable broth and season with sea salt and pepper.

Bring to boil,reduce the heat and shimmer until the butternut is fork-tender,about 15-25 minutes.
Use an immersion blender to puree the soup. Alternatively let the soup cool and use a traditional blender.

I use my Thermomix( Bimby ) and I love it because it's pratical, easy and quick.
I don't have to use a blender and a pan because Thermomix do it all in one! Best product ever together  with my beautiful MacBook :-)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento